Handmade at Kew: 6 – 9 Oct 2016, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
Handmade in Britain is returning to the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew for the second edition of the four day craft spectacular, Handmade at Kew. Once again, Kew Gardens will play host to this innovative, global craft fair where more than 150+ highly skilled international makers and galleries will showcase their ceramics, glass, furniture, textiles, metalwork and jewellery. Taking centre stage in the heart of the botanical gardens, this four day selling event, housed in an elegant pavilion next to Kew Palace, will offer visitors the unique opportunity to meet and buy one-off pieces directly from artists, makers and craftspeople and learn about the ideas and processes that shape their work.
Ceramics: Ceramics and pottery are in vogue and this selling event clearly illustrates why. From cutting edge tableware to textural art objects, the diversity of this popular medium is showcased by leading ceramicists from the UK and beyond. Martin Pearce, for example, illustrates the medium’s infinite possibilities with his high-end, art led ceramics in organic shapes and earthy colours. Pina Lavelli creates exceptional sculptural forms, often combining ceramics with unconventional materials. Inspired by all things botanical and perfectly in keeping with Kew, Wallflower London crafts one-off ornate flowerheads in earthenware and porcelain. For functional objects, look no further than Linda Bloomfield’s contemporary minimal tableware, with dimples and visible throwing lines showing the hand of the maker.
There will also be a range of top quality work from leading artists working in Glass, Silver and other metal, fashion and textiles and jewellery.
- Open: 10-6 daily (last entry 5.30) Thursday 6th October – Sunday 9th October 2016
- Private View evening: 6-9pm Wednesday 5th October 2016 (Private View Passes Only)
- Advance one day entry £16 (including entry to Kew Gardens) available now: kew.org/handmade
- One day entry £18 (including entry to Kew Gardens) available on the door
- Concessions for Kew Members available
- Venue: Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 3AB