Ceramic Art London 2018 – Application details
Ceramic Art London returns on 23–25 March 2018: Apply online from 1 September until 1 October 2017. Application Fee £25.00
- Ceramic Art London is now celebrating its 14th year and is recognised as the most exciting contemporary showcase of current ceramic art, with exhibitors drawn from the UK, Europe and worldwide. Ceramicists interested in exhibiting at Ceramic Art London 2018 are invited to apply for selection for this prestigious event.
- Ceramic Art London offers ceramicists a unique opportunity to exhibit and sell their work in a prestigious central London venue and provides exhibitors with an invaluable opportunity to reach new audiences and to network with established collectors and gallery owners. With high visitor numbers, many exhibitors report record levels of sales, estimated at £400,000 plus offers of exhibition opportunities and commissions.
- Ceramic Art London represents the best in contemporary studio ceramics, with the selected work exhibited at Central Saint Martins, university of the arts, anchoring the new development at King’s Cross – London’s busiest and best connected hub; with six tube lines, two national railway stations, the Eurostar and excellent links to all five of London’s airports.
- Ceramic Art London is a major selling fair and exhibition targeted at an enthusiastic and art-loving public. A free daily programme of talks, discussions, demonstrations and films – by well-known figures in the ceramics world – is included to attract a wide spectrum of collectors, ceramics enthusiasts and to establish new audiences.
- The 2018 event will be supported by an integrated press and media campaign which will focus on broadening contacts with the London based buying public and increasing foreign interest and participation.
- Venue: Ceramic Art London 2018 will be held in the central concourse of Central Saint Martins, the largest creative university in European, housed in a Grade 2 listed Victorian Granary building. Generations of internationally renowned artists, designers and performers began their creative journeys at Central Saint Martins, widely regarded as one of the leading Arts and Design Institutions in the world. Staff from the Ceramics Department will work closely with the organisers of Ceramic Art London.
- Eligibility and Selection The application deadline is 1 October 2017. The organisers actively encourage all ceramic artists to apply, including those at the start of their careers, and welcome applications from potters in any country. Exhibitors at Ceramic Art London will be chosen by an independent selection panel to ensure that a wide range of original contemporary work of the highest standard is represented. Ceramic Art London is for individual ceramicists. Applications will not be considered from students or from agents or wholesalers wanting to sell the work of others. Should a selected exhibitor need to give up their allocated space, this will be filled by a reserve exhibitor pre- selected by the advisory panel.
- Independent Selection Panel
Selection will take place during October 2018
All applicants will be informed of the panel’s decisions by email November 2018. The choice of the selection panel is final and the organisers cannot enter into correspondence regarding the outcome of individual applications.