Trade, art, design and craft fairs: How do I grow my creative business? 03.11.2016
A Crafts Council workshop: Are you looking for more outlets for your work? Do you know the differences between retail and trade fairs? Do you need support to expand your creative business?The details:
Why should you attend?
- Find out about the differences between retail and trade fairs and advice to support you in making the right choice for your creative business
- Find out from key advisors on the logistics you need to consider in preparing for a craft fair and the potential cost implications
- Find out about craft fairs aboard and how this could be a good option to expand your markets
‘I really enjoyed today, it was very inspiring’ Sue Gregor delegate at Branding workshop in Bristol
Who is speaking?
- Margaret Bunn from British Crafts Trade fair will be offering her wealth of experience on trade and craft fairs
- Lynne Hutchinson established ceramicist based in North East of England has shown her work at both trade and retail craft fairs across the UK. Lynne has a wealth of knowledge to offer makers who are asking: what are the best options for me in developing outlets for selling my work?
- Stuart Akroyd, established glass artist in both UK and aboard, offering a wealth of experience and advice invaluable to makers both starting out and looking to develop their audiences further afield
‘Amazingly interesting and broad range of speakers’ Zoe Davidson delegate at Branding workshop hosted in Bristol
What is on offer?
- Advice on the logistics that need to be considered on the types of audiences at craft fairs, how to price your work and how to market yourself when exhibiting at a craft fair
- Inspirational speakers to advise and to help you realise more outlets for your creative business
- The potential timescales involved in taking part in a craft fair, the different scales and potential audiences at certain craft fairs in UK and abroad and how to make the most of each opportunity to grow your business
‘Thank you for not doing this only in London’ from delegate at Social Media workshop in Liverpool
What refreshments are provided on the day?
Tea and coffee will be provided at the start of the session and during the afternoon break.
**£5 Discount available to Crafts Council Directory makers, please email for more info**
Craft Fairs workshop is part of a series of workshops and events designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to export and promote their work successfully
Where and Cost:
3 November, 1.30– 5.30pm
National Glass Centre, Sunderland, www.nationalglasscentre.com
Book now: Just £25 (£5 discount available)