Zimmer Stewart Gallery : Christmas Exhibition
Includes ceramics from Dylan Bowen from his new body of work
A chance to see a wide variety of work by a number of artists as gifts for friends and family as well as yourself!
Figurative ceramic sculptures by Dylan Bowen
Dylan Bowen combines traditional studio pottery and contemporary ceramics techniques: His work is characterised by abstract slip decoration on thrown and altered earthenware forms and vessels. Slips are poured, trailed or brushed on.
He says "There are lots of influences, traditional slipware, music, outsider art, contemporary American ceramics and abstract expressionism. I think my work is an attempt to catch some glimpses of life's euphoria and communicate them in the best way I can."
End of era, Lilia closes her studio
We have been showing the much loved ceramic sculptures by Lilia Umana Clarke since 2005.
This week I made the last collection from her Hackney studio, which is due to close at the end of this month.
Lilia Umana Clarke may continue to make pieces, but they will almost certainly be fewer and certainly not the larger pieces.
We have very much enjoyed showing these works, and look forward to exhibiting these final pieces in the gallery in the coming months.
Zimmer Stewart Gallery
- Address: 29 Tarrant Street, Arundel, West Sussex, UK, BN18 9DG.
- Telephone: +44(0)1903 882063
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open: Tuesday to Saturday 10.00am -5.00pm & occasional Sundays - Please ring first to make sure. (During January and February we will be open only on Saturdays and at other times by appointment.)
- Dates: 02 Dec 2017 to: 24 Dec 2017
Makers at this event include (Members in Bold)