Byard Art : Angela Mellor in Cambridge
Angela Mellor - major show of new work. Private View on 6th September from 6.00-8.00pm
The sculptures in this exhibition seek to suggest movement of tidal currents against the shoreline and the corresponding interplay of light and shade. Following a hand building process that pushes the medium of paperclay to its limits, each individual form comes to fruition during the final firing process.
The ‘Breaking Waves' series is a new departure from my earlier work and the title relates not only to the dramatic movement of breaking waves frozen in time, but also to the breaking of new ground. They form part of an on-going process of research and development in the use of bone china paperclay I initially pioneered twenty years ago.
- Address: 14 Kings Parade, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, UK, CB2 1SJ.
- Telephone: +44(0)1223 464646
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open: Open Monday - Saturday, 9.30am - 5.30pm.
- Dates: 06 Sep 2018 to: 30 Sep 2018
Makers at this event include (Members in Bold)