Bluecoat Display Centre : Bluecoat Display Centre presents Rituals
A mixed media exhibition that will explore the idea of craft objects making our everyday ‘rituals' such as drinking tea or coffee into a ceremony of sorts.
Simply put as examining the objects we collect and how we use them in our everyday lives. The exhibition will feature the work of Hugh Miller, whose coffee cadies feature in his own ‘Coffee Ritual'. Alongside the work of Emma Lacey, whose tableware is shaped to fit the hand. Rachel Holian and Kate Haywood's work focuses on the ritual behind the object itself and how they feature in our everyday lives, either by using a paired down colour scheme or unrecognisable shapes.
Other makers who feature in the exhibition include Elizabeth Renton, Mizuyo Yamashita.
Bluecoat Display Centre
- Address: 50-51 Bluecoat Chambers, College Lane Entrance, Liverpool, Merseyside, UK, L1 3BZ.
- Telephone: +44 (0)1517 094014
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open: Private view: Friday 8th March 5.30pm to 7.30pm
Open Monday - Saturday 10.00am-5.30pm, Sunday noon-5.00pm
Closed on public holidays.
- Dates: 09 Mar 2019 to: 27 Apr 2019