I started working with clay at the age of 16 & spent 2 years at Art College studying ceramics & jewellery. I went on the be trained as a production thrower by Hugh West at West Pottery, this training provided me with the ability to work accurately and precisely with Clay.
Today I make one off thrown pieces which are fired using the raku process. My main work consists of Copper Matt fumed pots and a range of white glazed and naked raku pieces.
The copper matt process is notoriously difficult to control and I have spent many years perfecting a recipe and firing process that enables me to consistently achieve strong vivid colours. I push this process to it’s limits and sometimes will fire a piece several times to achieve the desired results.
Fumed raku copper matt thrown bottles and vases, white raku lidded pots & bottles and naked raku bottles.
My work is currently available from the following galleries:
• Lander Contemporary Gallery, Lemon Street, Truro, Cornwall
• Alverton Gallery, Penzance, Cornwall
• Imagination Gallery, St. Ives, Cornwall
• Southwest Crafts, Tavistock, Devon
• Northern Lights Gallery, Keswick, Yorkshire
• The Gallery, Wallingford, Oxfordshire
• Bell Fine Arts, Winchester, Hants
• Haddon Galleries, Torquay