Emilys handbuilt ceramic vessels explore surface decoration, collage and juxtaposition. Panels of clay are treated with layers of coloured slip to achieve the desired depth of surface. Her soft colour palette draws inspiration from the clouds and landscape; the surfaces hold similarities to misty skies, memories of a walk, or a view across the sea.
Keep updated with news and exhibitions via her website.
Yorkshire Museum Gardens : York Ceramics Fair 2019
November 23, 2019 to November 24, 2019
MAC : MAC Christmas Market
December 07, 2019 to December 07, 2019
Work Generally Available from:
- The Guild at 51, Cheltenham, Glos, GL50 3JT, www.guildcrafts.org.uk
- Porthminster Gallery, Westcott's Quay, St Ives, Cornwall, TR26 2DY www.porthminstergallery.co.uk
- The Flint Gallery, Norfolk, NR25 7NQ www.theflintgallery.co.uk
- The Biscuit Factory, Stoddart Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE2 1AN www.thebiscuitfactory.com
- Midlands Arts Centre, Cannon Hill Park, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B12 9QH. www.macbirmingham.co.uk
- VK Gallery, 18a Bridge Street, S Ives, Cambridgeshire, PE27 5EG. www.vkgallery.co.uk
- Padstow Gallery, 11 Lanadwell Street, Padstow, Cornwall, PL28 8AN. www.padstowgallery.co.uk
- Bevere Gallery, Bevere Lane, Worcester, WR3 7RQ. www.beveregallery.co.uk
- and direct from my studio.
Handbuilt individual pieces. Often use a white earthenware clay body which is then high fired. Layers of pattern and decoration are added at various stages through the use of decorating slips, oxides, glaze, and sometimes enamel transfer and lustres. Pieces go through up to 5 firings in order to achieve the desired result, with temperatures ranging from 1140 down to 700 deg C
June 2005 BA (Hons) 3D Design: Ceramics Bath Spa University First Class Honours
2012 - Craft & Design Selected Silver Award 2012: ceramic category
2005 - 2006 - Bryant Fedden Award, Gloucestershire Guild of Craftsmen
June 2005 - Minerva Prize, Bath Spa University