Emily’s handbuilt ceramic vessels explore surface decoration, collage and juxtaposition. Panels of clay are treated with layers of coloured slip to achieve the desired depth of surface. Her soft colour palette draws inspiration from the clouds and landscape; the surfaces hold similarities to misty skies, memories of a walk, or a view across the sea.
Keep updated with news and exhibitions via her website.
Guild at 51, The - (Gloucestershire Guild) : Bring to the Table - Emily-Kriste Wilcox
April 17, 2018 to June 10, 2018
JQ Open Studios : JQ open studios with Emily-Kriste Wilcox (POSTPONED)
July 21, 2018 to July 22, 2018
VK Gallery : Autumn Exhibition with Emily-Kriste Wilcox
September 03, 2018 to October 31, 2018
Rodmarton Manor : Crafts Alive: The Gloucestershire Guild at Rodmarton Manor
September 05, 2018 to September 09, 2018
Work Generally Available from:
- White Space Art, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 5RU, www.whitespaceart.com
- The Guild at 51, Cheltenham, Glos, GL50 3JT, www.guildcrafts.org.uk
- Porthminster Gallery, Westcott's Quay, St Ives, Cornwall, TR26 2DY www.porthminstergallery.co.uk
- The Flint Gallery, Norfolk, NR25 7NQ www.theflintgallery.co.uk
- David Simon Contemporary, Bath, BA1 2QZ www.davidsimoncontemporary.com
- The Biscuit Factory, Stoddart Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE2 1AN www.thebiscuitfactory.com
- and direct from my studio.
Handbuilt individual pieces. Often use a white earthenware clay body which is then high fired. Layers of pattern and decoration are added at various stages through the use of decorating slips, oxides, glaze, and sometimes enamel transfer and lustres. Pieces go through up to 5 firings in order to achieve the desired result, with temperatures ranging from 1140 down to 700 deg C
June 2005 BA (Hons) 3D Design: Ceramics Bath Spa University First Class Honours
2012 - Craft & Design Selected Silver Award 2012: ceramic category
2005 - 2006 - Bryant Fedden Award, Gloucestershire Guild of Craftsmen
June 2005 - Minerva Prize, Bath Spa University