My work is inspired by my love of nature and the flora & fauna of the North Kent marshes where I live.
I like to use the structures & textures found in natural forms juxtaposed with textures from found objects to produce an unusual but affordable range of work which is both decorative & functional.
I mostly use fine porcelain clays which reflect the delicacy of the textures and soft colours. Some glazes are used but I mostly rely on soft oxide washes, underglaze colours & coloured clays to enhance shape, texture & form.
Craft Centre & Design Gallery : Bloom with ceramics in Leeds
July 05, 2014 to September 27, 2014
Various porcelain clays are used, including paper clay. Colour is provided by a variety of oxide & underglaze colour mixes & glazes.
All work is handbuilt using a variety of techniques & fired to 1260c in an electric kiln.
My work is available at:
- The Gallery Shop, Creek Creative, 1 Abbey St, Faversham, Kent, ME13 7BE
- Nice Things, The Custom House, Harbour Parade, Ramsgate, Kent. CT11 8LP
- Dunlin & Diver 112 High St., Deal Kent CT14 6EE
- Lazy Hill Gallery, Chapel Lane, Abbotsbury, Dorset. DT3 4LF
- Number Seven, High St., Dulverton, Somerset TA22 9HB
- Pebble & Dash, 49 Mortimer St., Herne Bay, Kent. CT6 5PN
- Turner Contemporary, Rendevous, Margate, Kent CT9 1HG
And at the following Craft Fairs:
- British Craft Trade Fair, Harrogate, Yorks. 6/7/8th April 2014
Since graduating from UCA in Three Dimensional Design/ Ceramics in 1972 I have spent my working life running production workshops, teaching ceramics to adults, children up to A-level standard and students with learning disabilities.
I also set up 2 sheltered ceramics workshops for adults with learning difficulties in collaboration with Kent Social Services.
- East Kent Open Houses 2013
- East Kent Open Houses October 2012
- Made in Faversham at Creek Creative June 2012