My work is inspired by my love of nature and the flora & fauna of the North Kent marshes where I live.
I like to use the structures & textures found in natural forms juxtaposed with textures from found objects to produce an unusual but affordable range of work which is both decorative & functional.
I mostly use fine porcelain clays which reflect the delicacy of the textures and soft colours. Some glazes are used but I mostly rely on soft oxide washes, underglaze colours & coloured clays to enhance shape, texture & form.
Various porcelain clays are used, including paper clay. Colour is provided by a variety of oxide & underglaze colour mixes & glazes.
All work is handbuilt using a variety of techniques & fired to 1260c in an electric kiln.
My work is available at:
- The Craft & Design Gallery, The Headrow, Leeds, LS1 3AB.
- The Shire Hall Gallery, Market Sq., Stafford, ST16 2LD.
- Adore Contemporary Boutique, 31 Church St., Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 3EQ.
- The Hare & The Hen, 11 Deepdale Market, Burnham Deepdale, Norfolk, PE31 8FB
- Quay Arts, 4 The Granary, High St., Blakeney, Norfolk NR25 7AL also at Wells next the Sea.
- Ferrers Gallery, Staunton Harold, Ashby de la Zouch, Leics, LE65 1RU
- Tayberry Gallery, 19 Princes St., Perth, PH2 8NG
- Stonegate Gallery, 8 Main St.,Ingleton, North Yorks, LA6 3EB
- Nice Things, 19-21 Harbour St., Ramsgate, Kent, CT11 8HA
- White Fox Gallery, 51 High St., Coldstream, Scottish Borders, TD12 4DL
And the following fairs:
- Festival of Crafts, Farnham Maltings, Bridge Sqare, Farnham, Surrey, GU9 7QR. 28-29th October 2017
- Midwinter Market, The Tithe Barn, Lenham, Kent. ME17 2QT 18-19TH November 2017
- British Crafts, Blackthorpe Barn, Rougham Estate, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. IP30 9HZ 2-3rd December 20017
Since graduating from UCA in Three Dimensional Design/ Ceramics in 1972 I have spent my working life running production workshops, teaching ceramics to adults, children up to A-level standard and students with learning disabilities.
I also set up 2 sheltered ceramics workshops for adults with learning difficulties in collaboration with Kent Social Services.
- East Kent Open Houses 2013
- East Kent Open Houses October 2012
- Made in Faversham at Creek Creative June 2012